Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

So, earlier this year, I got sucked into the genre of erotic romance. Blame it on my friend Michelle. She said, "oh, you just have to read something by Lora Leigh" and I was all, "meh" but then decided to give it a try when I found myself intrigued by Tempting the Beast. Peeps, I've never felt my face burn so hot ever before in my life. It pretty much spiraled down hill from there. (Of course, I mean that in the best possible way.)

Now let me just say this: erotica and erotic romance? TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. Erotica is basically like watching Cinemax. Lots of bump and grind with a really dumb plot line trying (and failing) to tie it all together.

Erotic romance has everything I love about romance novels... the emotional tumble into love, the heartbreaking conflict... plus the aforementioned bump and grind. HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?

Since January, I've been making up for lost time. I've read all sorts of new authors in this very fun new (to me) genre and I'm having a ridiculously good time.

Backstage Pass, book one in the Sinners on Tour series by Olivia Cunning, has been one of my absolute favorites. It was so fun and sexy and the guys are all so wonderful who could resist wanting to be a groupie? (Obviously, I'm not the only one who feels this way as there's a whole site Backstage Passdedicated to the Sinners including their pictures and bios, tour dates, a place to chat, etc.) (Great if you're not ready to leave the hot fantasy world that Ms. Cunning has created.)

I loved the band and their relationship with each other; I loved how Myrna fit in with them (the smart, classy babe who can hold her own). Brian, while totally sweet, wasn't quite the alpha I prefer, but still. Loved. (Although I will say he should have stood up to Sed at some point.)

Even though I only read this book two months ago, I found myself reading it again last week. It's an easy read, fun, entertaining, sexy... but maybe not for the faint of heart as it does include, gasp!, a menage with borderline male on male action (which I must confess I'm not entirely a fan of, but I'll save that debate for another time).

Backstage Pass: highly recommend. (I also totally recommend Rock Hard, book two in the series. Also very, very good.)

And, in case you couldn't tell, I absolutely cannot wait for the rest of this series to be released.

2 comments:

  1. The theme itself grabs my attention. I have one question: do they even talk about music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... but maybe not as much as you would prefer. (I know you're very serious about your music.) They talk about writing songs and performing (they're on tour during the series). There's a really cute scene (although some reviewers called it "cheesy") where Brian and Myrna are doing, ahem, IT... and he starts to hear music in his head. He grabs a pen and starts writing music all over her body as they're still going at it. It was pretty hot.

    ReplyDelete