My One and Only by Kristan Higgins

Sometimes, I find an author I really like, and I try to read as many of their books as possible. I recently discovered Kristan Higgins, and I have to say that I absolutely love her books. I love the books because they make me laugh and cry at the same time. The characters of each book are people we can all relate to, and it’s so easy to feel part of the story. Even though I have read most of her books (I need one more to finish them all) I am only going to share my favorite.
"Divorce attorney Harper James can’t catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister’s destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she’s being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her almost-fiancĂ© back at home is not likely to be sympathetic."

My One and Only

My One and OnlyI am not exaggerating when I say that you will fall in love with Harper. Harper is a beautiful, successful, funny, and caring woman (even if she is a shark). Please, don't get me wrong, just like any of us Harper has flaws and those flaws make her so endearing. However, Just when Harper thinks things are going to work out, her little sister decides to get married, and guess to who? Her ex-husbands stepbrother! Can you say drama? I love drama.

Anyway, I love the way each character was introduced throughout the story. Kristan managed to keep me on my toes, because the motive of Harper's and Nick's divorce is not discussed in the beginning of the book. The relationship between Harper and Nick is sweet and funny, the love they feel for each other is palpable. There is something for everyone in the book! Coco is the cutest pet ever (aside from my own), BeverLee is the crazy yet loving stepmother, Dennis is the hot boyfriend with the mental capacity of a five year old, and if you are catholic you will definitely love father Bruce - if you aren't catholic you will love him just the same, he is such a kind and funny man. So, if you are looking for a fun and sweet romance, I would strongly suggest you read this book. You will not regret it; you will probably want to pick up more of Kristan's books.

2 comments:

  1. The good thing about Kristan's books is that they are not very expensive. If you are interested in reading more of her books (if you like her) I will lend you mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lke a super cute and fun book! I think I'm going to have to add it to my phone....but I'm scared cuz I'm like you where if I like an author I want to read all their books, and that's a lot of money, especially when ill choose buying books over food...hey, that could be a new diet :-)

    ReplyDelete