Baby, Come Home by Stephanie Bond

I have never really thought about why I started to like books so much until today. When I was younger my parents were so overprotective, and at times I felt suffocated, so I would grab a book and I would forget that feeling. Anyway, I was reminded today because my dad was working on a water leak at home (under the house). As I was helping him, I remembered a specific incident that brought back memories like a flood. My dad didn’t want me to have a cell phone; he said it would be a distraction or something crazy. My mother being the bad ass that she is bought me a cell phone, but made it clear that my dad was not to find out. One day my cell phone rang (ring tone was some sort of kitty sound) and apparently my dad thought there was a cat under the house, and down he went searching for said kitty. I should probably tell him that there was no kitty under the house but it’s funnier this way.


Baby, Come Home by Stephanie BondIt’s obvious that I love to read (especially about hardworking men). When I picture a hardworking man, I picture a shirtless man, tan, with muscles flexing. Yes, that’s exactly how I picture the Armstrong brothers, too (I love the book covers!). So, in the first book we learned about Porter and Nikki. Now in the second book focuses on the middle brother and his love interest Amy. Amy grew up in a harsh environment, her parents died when she was very young and was raised by her aunt. Amy had to deal with the bullying of kids her age, and fell in love with Kendall when he stepped up for her. They had a sweet young love, but Amy didn’t want to stay in the same town she grew up in, she wanted to get away and build a new life elsewhere. Kendall didn’t want to leave because he was rooted there by his family. Amy decided to leave without him, and asked that he never talk to her again.

After thirteen years Kendall still has not been able to stop loving Amy. He is filled with regret for not stopping Amy when she left. Amy comes back to Sweetness to help the brother re-build a bridge, and is confronted by Marcus (older brother) to tell Kendall the secret she has been keeping since she left. Kendall on the other hand, is trying desperately to win Amy back. I love his persistence, and the challenges he is willing to take on to win her back. The entire story is a huge misunderstanding, secrets, and bottled up feelings. I was a little disappointed with the end because it felt like it was cut short. I still enjoyed the book and I am waiting for the last book to be released in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment