Take Me by Bella Andre

I've read a few Bella Andre books prior to this one. They're fun, easy reads; something you can curl up with and get lost in for a few entertaining hours. It was exactly what I was looking for when I picked up Take Me. (And by "picked up" I mean downloaded to my phone.)

Take Me by Bella Andre
Lily Ellis has curves -- soft, beautiful curves. The kind of voluptuous body she fears Travis Carson, the man she's always loved from afar, would never crave. But Lily is about to be proven wrong. Her adventure begins when the demure San Francisco interior decorator agrees to model a plus-size dress for her fashion designer sister. Watching this sensual beauty move down the runway, Travis can't believe it's the same Lily he's always known -- and always rejected. In a whirlwind of electric attraction, Lily is soon moaning Travis's name in his bed, not just in her wild fantasies. But Lily is all too aware that she's nothing like his past lovers. Determined to beat Travis at his own game by guarding her true feelings, Lily partners with him on a business deal that takes them all the way to Italy. In the seductive warmth of the Tuscan sun, Lily plays a game of desire with the hot-blooded Travis. Will she be burned by an all-consuming ecstasy or will Travis open his heart to the sexy, exciting, and lasting love she has to offer?

Books like this one are what keep me up until all hours of the morning. While I anticipated a fun, easy read, I got so much more than that. There was so much emotion and a depth to the characters I wasn't expecting. My hands and feet were twitching all over the place.

(I should explain that, shouldn't I? But how when I don't even understand it myself? When I get really sucked into the emotion of a book, I get these not-quite-painful twinges in my hands and feet. I know. It's weird. Whatev.)

We've touched on plus-sized heroines briefly in the past and while I was a little apprehensive when I realized Lily was just that, Ms. Andre pulled it off. It was lovely to watch Lily come out of her shell, stop dressing down, and finally take pride in her appearance. I know from first hand experience how easy it is to cover up when you're feeling less than attractive. But there are pretty, flattering clothes for all body types and it's amazing how wearing something pretty can make you feel pretty. And when you realize how much you like to feel pretty, you'll want to keep feeling pretty. And, oh, it's the start of all these wonderful habits! (Obviously, this is a topic more near and dear to my heart than I realized.)

And then there was Travis. That asshole. Well, only at first. Some of the best heartwrenching and emotional moments came while Travis was coming to terms with the loss of his parents, how it had made him lash out at Lily and keep everyone at arms length. (Men. They can be such dummies.) I admit, Travis caused me more than one wistful sigh while reading.

(Oh, and by the way, yes it is weird to read an erotic romance with a character that shares the same name as your kid brother. Shudder.)

While I did feel that the book was a teeny, tiny bit rushed at times, I was glad to not be left with any loose threads. It was a good book; fun, entertaining, totally sweet, and hot. And isn't it the best when you read a book that, while maybe not totally perfect, is exactly what you wanted at the time? I just love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment